Sunday, November 27, 2022

A chilly Sunday


 

Today is a chilly Sunday morning with definite hints of the approaching winter.  My silver maple tree, a very ancient and large tree, dropped tons of its leaves suddenly last night.  My backyard pathways and landscaping beds are covered with them.  The air is chilly and damp from overnight rain.  And the skies in the morning the last few days have a particularly wintry appearance that apparently I can see but not many others since no one else seems to get it when I try to describe that appearance.

This coming weekend, two cookies are on offer, one with lemon and a second with molasses and lemon.  For the following week, we have chili and ice cream.  Check them out and put in your orders.

The picture at the head of this post is shami kebabs.  These are made of minced beef, ground yellow split peas or chickpeas, and seasonings.  They are then dipped in whisked eggs and fried in a pan.  They are excellent and I have found they successfully go with many other foods such as rice, chutney, and fried bread or simply by themselves.  And I especially love them on a toasted hot dog bun with ketchup and cheese.

How do I know about these?  It wasn't from learning how to make them.  My life has been graced by the presence of a wonderful woman who has introduced me to this food and many others as well.  

Other foods I have been introduced to recently include chicken karahi, beef nihari, chutneys and daal (lentils) dishes, achar gosht, chicken biryani, chicken haleem, and sheer khurma which is a vermicelli-based dessert.  

I will write more of these in the future, and some of these will probably find their way to a place on the menu of Bruce Bakery and Bistro.

Have a great week!  Winter is coming and I am excited to think about more snowfalls soon.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you, and for us if we get to sample some of the food you listed!

    ReplyDelete