Friday, November 12, 2021

Butterscotch pecan cookies


It's a breezy chilly grey day here in Kansas City.  I keep thinking about going out to rake leaves.  After the last rain from a couple days ago, it seems all of a sudden everything is turning colors and leaves are dropping in bunches from the trees.  But the breezes are strong today and leaves are being blown everywhere.  So I think I'd better wait until the weather changes a bit in a few days.  

That means I'm inside today, and I'm watching movies and making food.  A new cookie has just been added to the menu and I'm making a batch today.  These are butterscotch pecan cookies.

Roasted chopped pecans, butterscotch chips, vanilla, butter, brown sugar -- these are some of the ingredients which combine to make a wonderful complex flavor.  I shape these into a rough rectangle and cut off slices for baking.  The aroma that floats through the house as the baking nears completion is warm and inviting.  

I like to crumble these over French vanilla ice cream.  Sometimes I dip them in cocoa or milk.  If you leave a plate of these out on the table, they will disappear quickly.    

This weekend I will also be making a batch of a special pasta salad and taking photos in order to add it to the menu.   The same thing will happen with eggnog, or I hope so, at least.  I have ordered cups and lids that I think will work well and they have just arrived.  If they perform as I hope they will, then eggnog goes on the menu.  And eggnog cookies with a whipped eggnog frosting are coming soon.  And also zimtsterne cookies.

Enjoy some good food today.  And have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment