Monday, October 18, 2021

Chocolate chip snacking

 


Often at the end of a day, I sit at my desk at my PC, scrolling through news of the day, checking emails, reviewing sports scores, etc.  And frequently I have a snack just inches away from my computer keyboard.  Sometimes it will be a small sandwich, or a bowl of cold breakfast cereal and milk, or maybe some slices of cheese.  But when I don't have those things around, and sometimes even when I do, I often have a bowl of chocolate chips or chunks on the desk.

For my baking needs, I get bags of chocolate as chips, chunks, and also feves which are oval discs.   My favorite thing to do is get a small bowl of various kinds, some semisweet, some dark, etc.  Then every time I grab one or two, I'm not certain which one I will get.  Variety makes it a bit more fun.

Sometimes I will mix them with some chopped up pretzel sticks.  And often I have a few slices of cheese there as well.  I have found that cheese eaten after chocolate is a wonderful taste experience.  And very often I will also have a glass of apple juice.  I'm not a wine drinker.  I just never developed a taste for it.  But I find that drinking apple juice after eating chocolate is another wonderful taste experience.

So tonight when I'm done with all my day's work, if you dropped by to see me, you might find me with my bowl of chocolate chips.  And I'll be happy to share them with you.


1 comment:

  1. Cheese eaten after a chocolate indeed a wonderful idea

    ReplyDelete