Tuesday, May 4, 2021

May and new foods


 

May is here.  And so far, four days into the month, it seems it is going to be mild and cool.  That's good because when May is hot, July is unbearable.  But the weather appears to be staying mild week after week.  And as the spring progresses, I am getting ready to start putting out food for everyone again.

I've added a couple items to the menu recently.  Perhaps you've noticed.  But more new items are coming up soon.  I have a list of things I've been wanting to add as I have time to do final tweaks with respect to portion sizes and package. 

Be on the lookout for:

Lasagna

Chocolate and vanilla eclairs

Raspberry mascarpone cream puffs

A wonderful ice cream dessert that doesn't have a name yet but has crushed buttermints and crushed chocolate wafers

Parsnip chips - yes, I said parsnip.  

Sugar cones for ice cream cones (and edible bowls made of the same)

Chicken with herbs cooked in white wine

Roma tomatoes and cherry tomatoes roasted with herbs and olive oil, cooked en papillote

Multiple varieties of macaroni and cheese

Lavender ice cream with blueberry swirl

Banana ice cream with caramelized white chocolate

I get a lot of enjoyment from looking at new foods to make available for everyone.  The process of preparing them for addition to the menu means multiple tests of the recipes, tweaking the techniques and ingredient amounts, and deciding how to distribute them which includes deciding how large portions should be and making decisions on packaging.

Packaging for some things is easy, cookies, et al, but packaging for other things, like the mirror glaze chocolate cake I like to make, sometimes takes a lot of time both in testing out packaging as well as researching what is available.    

But it is very satisfying when a new item is ready for inclusion on the menu.  And I am very excited when I put in on the current week's menu for the first time.  To me it is well worth the effort.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!very interesting and innovative menu items
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete