Friday, April 12, 2024

Grilled cheese

 


Today is such a pleasant day already, a mild temperature, sunny, clear skies, and a relaxed working day ahead (meaning very little work) ... it makes me feel like doing a lot of cooking.  In particular I feel like making treats.  This weekend I am working on some food for a bridal shower, some savory, some sweet.  I might toss in a couple extra items just because, as I said, I feel like doing a lot of cooking.

Today is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day.  When it comes to grilled cheese, I'm a bit of a traditionalist.  Plain American cheese is all I need.  Sometimes I see recipes for a grilled cheese sandwich that uses nothing but some rare exotic cheese.  For me, I will take American cheese, or a blend with American and something else like gouda or muenster.  But American cheese is so creamy when melted that it has to be the foundation for me.  However, I love to toss in ham or turkey as well, especially turkey.  I love the combination of turkey and melted cheese on that grilled buttered bread.

The picture above of the mirror glazed cakes .... well, that means I'm really feeling like making some of those too.  These are a multi-day item, meaning I make the cakes parts on one day and freeze them, and the mousse filling on another day and chill it, then assemble and freeze and on the end of the second day or the third day, I make the glaze and pour it over until it is beautifully glossy and shiny.  

Eating the cakes?  That's NOT a multi-day process.  LOL.

Have a great day, everyone, and as always, enjoy some good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment