Sunday, June 12, 2022

A hot week ahead


 

Summer is here.  Today is going to be hot and steamy.  The entire week ahead will be hot and steamy.  Perfect for staying indoors and making cold foods.

This next weekend, the weekly menu is comprised of blueberry cinnamon snack cake, and also farfalle pasta salad with salami and balsamic vinaigrette.  The blueberry cake is such a pleasant relaxed dessert.  I eat it plain, with whipped cream, accompanied by a glass of milk, or anything else that comes to mind.  It goes with so many things.  And it's not overly sweet so you can eat a lot.  The pasta salad is a cold pasta salad.  And it's perfect for a hot day.  It has something from every food group in it, so it's a complete meal.  And it's incredibly delicious.  

For the following weekend, I have just set the menu with chocolate mousse, and also almond snack cakes with blueberries and cream.  

Today as I write this post, it's almost 10:00 AM here in Kansas City.  I've already done things I wanted to do outside today, getting them done early to beat the heat.  And I'm in for the day now.  Part of my day is going to be dedicated to reviewing my list of items that I want to tweak and add to the full menu. Another very fun part of my day is going to be dedicated to perusing recipes and brainstorming foods, specifically things that are new that I've never seen before.

I love going through recipes in books or online and coming across one and it hits me:  "I have to make that!"  Of course, that increases my list of new recipes I want to try, and I will probably never come to the end of that list.  There are simply too many great foods to experience.  I have many passions, as people who know me will attest.  And with each one of those, I could immerse myself in them for the next 60 years and still not learn everything I want to learn.  And that's perfect.

Ok.  On to the rest of my day now.  Time to get a cold glass of milk and take a look at some recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment