Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Sweet spiced roasted pecans


A new item has been added to the full menu:  sweet spiced roasted pecans.

While I am more than happy to indulge in sugary sweet treats that are the complete opposite of healthy, I am also very happy to have healthy snacks that are also delicious.

These roasted pecans are coated in a mixture of  several spices and extracts, as well as the sweet coating that helps bring it all together.  They roast in the oven for about a half hour and when they come out I am eager to dive into them as soon as they are cool.  I've roasted these for as long as 45 minutes and they are still great.  By that time however, much more of the natural pecan flavor has been baked out, so I prefer to keep the cooking time down to 30.  But it's nice to know the cooking time is extremely flexible.

I put these in a sealed container on my kitchen counter, and I can't help but repeatedly return to it to nab a few more throughout the day as the hours pass.  They are healthy so your body feels good as you eat them, and they have a great balance of sweet and spicy, and I love the lightly crunchy texture

They will be offered on a weekly menu soon.  I hope you will try them out.

Stay cool if you can.  It's a hot day here in Kansas City, and many other places around the world.  

1 comment:

  1. Also seen them in ur instagram post,really want to taste

    ReplyDelete