Saturday, August 21, 2021

Cauliflower mash


Good morning and Happy Saturday to everyone!

This week cauliflower mash makes it's entrance on the full menu of Bruce Bakery and Bistro.

Personally, I've never been one to eat cauliflower much.  Some people really love it, but it seems more people can just as easily do without it.  But I love being able to take a food that is not a favorite of mine and turn it into something that is irresistible.  And that's what we have here.

If you like mashed potatoes, you'll like this.  The texture, the flavor, the appearance all are very similar to mashed potatoes.

Cauliflower is cooked in boiling water until very tender.  Then it's puréed with butter , cream cheese and various seasonings, and finally shredded parmesan cheese is processed into the mixture.  When it's done, it tastes amazing.  I am not exaggerating when I say that when it's sitting in my fridge, I can't help going back to it multiple times throughout the day.  

An here's an amazing thing.... it's even good when it's cold!  Hot or cold, I enjoy it immensely.

That's all for today.  Just a short post that I'm squeezing in between cooking brownies, hazelnut shortbread and Swedish visiting cakes for this weekend's orders.  

Have a great week!  Enjoy the waning summer.  Autumn will soon be here.

1 comment:

  1. Simply wow , I have never thought that cauliflower can be cooked in that way and I can bet everyone would love to eat mashed cauliflower especially cheese lovers ��

    ReplyDelete