Monday, May 18, 2020

Peanut butter cups

part of my yard
My yard has many different types of plants in various garden beds bounded by gravel pathways.  I love it.  I spent a considerable amount of time over the past years sculpting it, planting it, helping it evolve.  I love how so many plants grow so well together, not just visually, but in terms of how each plant can add something to a garden area that is beneficial to all the other plants there.

And that idea of multiple things working so well together takes us directly to peanut butter cups, that great combination of peanut butter cream and chocolate that go so well together just like those plants in my garden.



Did you know that May 18th, today, is "I Love Reese's Day"?  In 2010, Hershey, which had purchased the Reese's brand and candy company back in 1963, sponsored a Facebook petition to have May 18th declared a candy holiday.  40,000 people signed the petition and that's how "I Love Reese's Day" was born.  The National Peanut Board promotes it every year.  And why not?  How simple a combination, yet how delicious.

As I finish writing this short entry tonight, dusk is settling in, and I'm going to head out to the backyard and eat a peanut butter cup while I listen to a squirrel who is chattering incessantly about something.  I have a bag of unsalted peanuts I keep around for the birds and squirrels so maybe I'll toss him a couple to enjoy while eat my own snack.

Have a great evening and enjoy your own delicious snack.  Life is meant to be good and food is a good part of a good life.


No comments:

Post a Comment