Sunday, November 24, 2019

Holiday weeks


The holidays are here.  Thanksgiving is this week.  Christmas is just 31 days away.  The end of the year is almost upon us.   Flowers from spring and summer are giving way to the cold of our soon-to-be winter.  Leaves are falling in the autumnal winds.  It's a wonderful time.  Many people don't like the fall and winter, but I do.  I love them as much as spring and summer. 


While the weather turns colder, inside it's time to make great food.  It's time to watch for falling snowflakes.  It's time to think about the year that has been. 

It's time for some lazy days where we can lean back in a comfy chair, drink some hot chocolate, and read a good book or watch a good movie. 

This week I have several foods I am hoping to make.  As we head toward Thanksgiving day, I have no obligations all week other than simply existing, so I plan to exist in the kitchen quite a bit.  I will have holiday movies playing on the television, but those are just for background as I've seen them all many times before.  I will listen to the dialogue while I make cookies and breads and broiled salmon among other things over the next few days.  I have several invites for Thanksgiving dinner so I will leave it to someone else to make turkey.  So here I go, off to the kitchen.  Up first today, oatmeal cookies.  And then I will look at my "cook this soon" list, and decides what comes next.  It's going to be a fun day and week ahead. 




No comments:

Post a Comment