Friday, June 7, 2024

Food on vacation


 

Well, it has been a number of days since I last posted.  I have a good excuse, though.  My wife and I were on a trip, a road trip to Toronto, Canada, and then to Niagara Falls.

In the photo above, you can see one of the boats that goes right up to the falls.  We weren't on that one, obviously, but a couple hours after this photo was taken we were on the Maid of the Mist and were sitting in the same place as the boat in the photo and wearing blue ponchos (blue ponchos for those taking a boat from the American side, red ponchos for the Canadian side).  It was memorable, for certain.

While we were on this trip, we ate lots of food.  Some of it was fast food as we went for "quick and easy" while on our driving days.  Then other times it was lots of good food from sit-down restaurants, both in Toronto and Niagara Falls.  

In Toronto we ate some excellent dishes at a couple fantastic Pakistani restaurants, an Italian bakery, and a wonderful ice cream shop.  Then in Niagara Falls, we got to try some things from a couple small street food vendors and a wonderful burger places at the hotel where we stayed.  I was impressed that in both places a large cultural diversity meant there were numerous excellent restaurants to try.

And I picked up a couple ideas on things I want to learn to make from these restaurants.  Hopefully you'll see them on my menu in the future.

For now, though, my wife and I are reducing our food intake for a few days because we stuffed ourselves.  And it was sooooo good.  I would do it again.

1 comment: