Friday, December 1, 2023

December has arrived


Well, here we are in December.  The final run toward the end of the year and the beginning of a new one is upon us.

This morning here in Kansas City it is dreary and wet and cold.  No snow, but we had plenty of rain overnight.  It's perfect weather for staying inside with a cup of hot cocoa and some brittle and a good Christmas movie.

In less than two weeks, my normal daily teaching activities come to an end for 2023. That means that I will break out my list of food projects, new foods, old recipe tweaks, etc., and try to work through some of that in those few weeks of free time.

I'm planning on chicken pot pie, perhaps some chili, final tweaks to a hazelnut cream cake and a strawberry cream cake before they go on the menu, hopefully finally finishing fruited lemonades (which I've been waiting to finalize for a few months now!), chocolate cream pie and chocolate ice cream, and some sandwiches.  

I know, I know, it's a huge list.  And that's not even all the list!  

The good thing is that one is never bored when it comes to working on food.  There's always something new to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment